Thursday, December 2, 2010

Setting up Linking Back

Inspired by my daughter Liz's blog - if she can do it, surely even I can - I've finally entered the blogosphere. My idea is to have a place to write reflective thoughts, ones that I used to include in my weekly missives while my mom was alive, and which everyone pretty much skipped.

They were often skipped because many of those thoughts had a political bent to them, and I expect I'll continue the practice here in this blog. I always feel that my political views lack enough understanding of the issues - but I certainly don't see that restraining anyone else! Plus getting them out there gives me an incentive to peel the onion a layer deeper in my understanding.

I also intend to blog other musings here too, taking a step back and reflecting on life in general. Linking Back comes from the etymology of religion, which can also be taken to mean reunite or bind back; the word ligament comes from the same ligare root. The infinitely rich question is always: what are we linking back to?

I hope to shine a small light upon that Vastness, and perhaps in so doing help others to as well.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I can be an inspiration to you in SO MANY ways. ;-)

    ReplyDelete